Subtitle

. . . . . . A place to contribute, exchange tips and ideas and find further info on the LDC group on Meetup.

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Hi everyone!

I haven't posted on here yet, and I have been invited by Giselle to contribute every now and then. For those of you who don't know me, I have been sewing for about 20 years of which the last 10 were the most productive. I tend to stay away from creating fitting clothes but love making costumes and anything practical. 

By popular demand I have finally posted the Scissor Sock tutorial :) It has taken a bit longer than planned, but in the end I think it came out quite well. I've never made a sewing tutorial before, only a cooking one (trust me, those are so much easier!). 

Some of you have been given one of these as I just love them and think everyone should have at least one. As you can see, I made three of them for myself and that is when I realised how great these are. I always lose my scissors so this is perfect for me!


http://mybusycraftlife.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/scissor-sock-tutorial.html


This is a great project for stashbusting or gift giving, especially with the holidays creeping up on us slowly. Please click on the picture for the tutorial, you will be redirected. I tried making it as easy as possible by photographing every step, so please let me know if I've missed something!

It probably goes without saying, but as this is not my pattern please don't use this for commercial purposes.

I hope you like it and will be curious to see which ones you make! 

UPDATE: Win a Scissor Sock, I'm hosting a giveaway! Enter HERE.

MJ

2 comments:

  1. These are brilliant. Great way to use up all those bits left over from dressmaking. And I never thought of being able to hang my scissors up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Barbara :) I even posted a giveaway about it if you want to have a chance of winnnig one !

      Delete

Please leave a comment for the LDC member who wrote the post to know that people are reading their posts. You should also be able to comment now if you are not a registered user.