Subtitle

. . . . . . A place to contribute, exchange tips and ideas and find further info on the LDC group on Meetup.

Monday 9 May 2016

I LOVE - old sewing books

I went to a 2 day workshop on Patchwork and Quilting for Beginners at the Exeter Sewing Machine Company (more of this workshop in a post to come).While sipping my morning tea before we began, I noticed the book shelves.
There were some gems from the 1930's and 40's amongst the more recent volumes.
And inside were items such as these, with instructions on making the pattern to size.
And how I love this blouse from a 1940's manual, which had very good instructions on fitting problems.
This is the book and the illustration shows a dress and a suit for which there are pattern cutting instructions, along with instructions for other clothes for women, men and children..
I could have spent the 2 days just browsing the shelf.  I checked out on the internet another interesting out of print book with pattern cutting information found on that shelf  - it was on offer for £177.00!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment for the LDC member who wrote the post to know that people are reading their posts. You should also be able to comment now if you are not a registered user.